What Are The Different Types of Motorcycle Helmets
Over the years, a lot of new companies have launched different motorcycles. Presently, there are hundreds of different motorcycle companies and designs. With the increase in demand and sales of motorcycles, helmets have also come a long way. There are many different types of helmet according to size, design and purpose. However, most people do not know which one’s the best for them when they go to buy one. In fact, there are also different types of helmets based on your riding style, terrain and the bike you ride. In this article, we will tell you about some different types of motorcycle helmets which have been popular for some time.
Different Types of Motorcycle Helmets
1) Half helmets – These motorbike helmets are usually worn by people riding cruiser bikes. They are very cheap and meet the minimum safety standards required for riding a motorcycle. They are also popular with people who wear helmets just for the sake of following the law and not safety. Half helmets cover only the top of your head and do not provide much safety.
2) Open face helmets – These helmets look similar to half helmets. However, they cover your head as well as the sides of your face. Open face helmets are not a good choice if you are concerned about the safety of your eyes and chin. Moreover, a lot of dust goes into your eyes when you are riding a bike while wearing this helmet. You will have to wear sunglasses with open face helmets.
3) Full face helmets – Full face helmets can protect your whole face as well as head. These helmets provide you with complete protection. They are more expensive than others. However, they are still very popular as they look good with almost every different bike model. They provide style, comfort as well as protection.
4) Modular helmets – Modular helmets are actually a mix between open face helmets and full face helmets. They are even better than the previous ones. They give you protection and extra comfort as you can flip up the top half of the helmet whenever you want some air. If you are wearing a modular helmet, you do not have to take it off to eat, talk or drink.
5) Dirt bike helmets – As the name suggest, these helmets are specifically designed for dirt bikes. These helmets have a longer chin area and also a sun visor so that sand or dust particles do not hurt the rider’s eyes. Dirt bike helmets do not have a face shield and therefore, they are also ventilated very easily.
6) Hybrid helmets – These helmets are a mix between full face helmets and expensive motocross helmets. It has a face shield, detachable sun visor and more ventilation. Therefore, these are the most comfortable of all types. In fact, they also protect you the most. These helmets are usually worn by on and off riders. However, they can be worn with almost every different bike. Hybrid motorbike helmets can be quite expensive. But they are the best choice if you are looking for comfort as well as complete protection.